Here we are, at last, the temperatures are rising, the bikes are out, the parks are crowded, it’s summer! Summer rhymes with barbecue season and what better way to get together on the terrace than with good recipes. We suggest you three family barbecue recipes with our Italian sausage products.
Barbecue Sausages With Spanish Sauce
How to maximize the full flavour of sausages? Try preparing them on the barbecue and with a vegetable side dish. The master touch is provided by a Spanish sauce: mojo, the most famous sauce in the Canary Islands – a simply delicious dish!
- On a barbecue with charcoal embers, roast the Finocchio Aliments Roma sausages lightly impregnated with olive oil on all sides.
- Chop the courgette peppers and onions, soak them in olive oil and grill them over the embers.
- Meanwhile prepare the mojo :
3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander, 1 teaspoon chopped garlic, half a teaspoon ground cumin, a few turns of the pepper mill, 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar and salt. Mix all the ingredients for the mojo sauce separately and cover with olive oil.
- Finish the dish. Remove the vegetables and the Finocchio sausages as you prepare them. Sprinkle with coarse salt and serve with the mojo.
Sausage Skewers With Grilled Vegetables and Pesto
Combining meat with vegetables is usually a good idea. Especially if you do it in a format like the skewer, which is original and fun. An ideal recipe to show off in the kitchen without too much effort, but with very good results. Invite your friends over, play some nice background music and enjoy your dinner!
- Crush all the pesto ingredients:
2 large handfuls of fresh arugula, 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan, 1 teaspoon of chopped garlic, 1 tablespoon of toasted pine nuts and olive oil. Add oil until a sauce texture is obtained.
- Cut the Arrabbiata Aliments Roma sausages, zucchini and onions.
- Arrange alternating pieces of the above ingredients and the cherry tomatoes on skewers.
- Finish the dish. Soak in oil and grill or place on a hot pan. Serve the skewers with pesto.
Mozzarella and Capicolli Bombs
Now here’s a surprising dish, meatballs coated with Capicolli and filled with mozzarella cheese. These surprising and tasty little balls will please the whole family. Gather young and old around this wonderful meal.
- With Macinata Aliments Roma sausage meat form balls of about 150 g. About 2 to 3 balls per person
- Cut pieces of mozzarella into small cubes and stuff them inside the meatballs.
- Barbecue these balls the first time just to sear them.
Remove the balls from the heat until they cool a little and coat them with slices of old-fashioned Capicolli Roma.