During Thanksgiving, the whole family gathers to enjoy a delicious turkey meal. Here is an easy to prepare Thanksgiving recipe. Preparation: 40 minutes Cooking: 1h50 Rest: 10 minutes Number of servings: 12
- 1 ½ cup of port
- ½ cup of dried cherries
- ½ cup of sugar
- 8 oz of Roma Italian sausages skinless
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 chopped onion
- 5 oz of baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup diced provolone cheese
- ¼ cup fresh bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 2 boneless turkey breasts (3 pounds or 1.5 kg each)
- 12 slices of bacon
- Salt and pepper
- Combine the sugar, cherries and port in a small pot. Boil the water and stir continuously until the sugar is melted. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and let stand. Remove the sauce and refrigerate (put the cherries aside).
- Cook the sausage meat over medium heat in a large skillet. Cut it into pieces with a wooden spoon for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the water from the sausage meat and put it in a large pot. Melt the butter over medium heat in a skillet. Add the onions, cook the ingredients for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the spinach as you go.
- Simmer the spinach, stirring occasionally, until softened. Put the spinach in a filter and mash it to get rid of the liquid. Coarsely slice the spinach mixture and add it to the cherries, sausage, cheese bread crumbs and parsley. Mix all the ingredients.
- Wrap a turkey breast in a plastic wrap. Using a pan or hammer, flatten it evenly. Remove the plastic wrap. Do the same with the other turkey breast. Salt and pepper.
- On a double-layered plastic wrap, place 6 pieces of roasting twine 8 inches (40 centimetres) long. Lay another 24 inch (61 centimetres) piece of twine perpendicular to the center. Cover the twine with 6 slices of bacon, crossing them lightly.
- Place a turkey breast on the bacon slices, forming a rectangle. Spread half of the filling over the center of the breast and use the plastic wrap to fold it in half. Tightly tie the breast and the bacon slices with the roasting twine to obtain a roulade. Do the same with the other turkey breast.
- Place the breasts on the grill of a roasting pan. Heat them to 400०F (200 degrees Celsius) for an hour and a half or so until the breasts have lost their pinkish colour inside and a thermometer reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit in the center of the breast. Place the breasts on a platter and cover them with foil. Let stand for 10 minutes. Remove the twine when ready to serve.
About Aliments Roma
Since 1953, Aliments Roma has specialized in the production of cold cuts, sausages and pepperoni.