Scotch Eggs (Fried Eggs with Sausage) For Brunch!
Mar 22 2018
For a different kind of home brunch, have a hand at Scotch eggs. This British dish is a real treat both hot and cold, making it the ideal option for your weekend brunch! It’s also a fantastic solution for those leftover sausages in your fridge.
Scotch Eggs Recipe
- Chop the green onions, and, in a bowl, combine them with the sausage meat and mustard. Separate the mixture in 4 portions and form 4 patties. Using your hands, flatten each patty well, then place an egg in the centre. Coat each egg with the sausage mix until the egg is completely covered.
- In the fryer, preheat some oil to 180 °C (350 °F). Prepare a paper towel-lined baking sheet on the side.
- Take 3 bowls and place flour in one, the lightly beaten egg in the second and the breadcrumbs in the third.
- Take a sausage-coated egg and roll it in the flour. Shake to remove any excess. Next, dip it into the beaten egg. Repeat these first two steps (flour and beaten egg) and finally, roll it into the breadcrumbs. Do the same for each egg.
- Once all the eggs are breaded, place them carefully in the oil. Cook 4 minutes, or until eggs are golden, turning them as needed. Avoid any splashing! Remove and place them on the paper towel.
When you’re ready to serve, cut the eggs in half, using a toothed knife to keep them from breaking.Bon appétit!