3 Recipe Ideas for Italian Sausage Lasagna
Are you an unconditional lasagna lover? Want to bring new flavors to your kitchen? Make way for indispensable Italian sausage lasagna recipes, Roma Foods style!
Italian Sausage and Ricotta Lasagna Recipe
To bring out the flavor of your Italian sausage lasagna, even more, how about adding the most popular cream cheese in the world? Yes, a good dose of ricotta will make your dish even more delicious. For this recipe, you will need:
- 12 fresh pasta lasagna sheets
- 6 Roma Italian sausages
- 475g ricotta
- 625ml marinara sauce
- 500ml grated mozzarella
For the preparation:
- First, take a bowl to mix the ricotta and spinach;
- Then remove the membranes of the sausages and cook the flesh for a few minutes;
- While crumbling the sausages, add 500ml of marinara sauce and continue cooking;
- Then take a baking dish and spread the rest of the marinara sauce;
- Place 3 lasagna pasta on top of the sauce, cover with the sausage sauce, place 3 more lasagna pasta on top and cover with the ricotta;
- Finally, the last layer of lasagna pasta that you will cover with marinara sauce and mozzarella.
- To finish, bake for 30 minutes.
Italian Sausage Lasagna With Spinach Recipe
The Italian sausage lasagna can be enjoyed just as well with spinach! To begin :
- Preheat the oven to 375°F;
- Cook the flesh of (4) Roma Italian sausages after removing the membrane;
- After about 7 minutes of cooking, add 1 onion, 3 cloves of garlic, 1 red pepper, and celery and continue cooking for 5 minutes;
- Then add 1 can of crushed Italian tomato, 2 spoons of tomato paste, half a cup of dried tomato, oregano and basil; and wait until the sauce thickens.
For cooking your spinach lasagna
- After chopping the contents of a pack of spinach, mix the spinach, 500g of ricotta, mozzarella, grated parmesan, and an egg;
- Don’t forget to season. Finally, place several layers of lasagna pasta in the bottom of a baking dish, alternating spinach sauce, and sausage sauce and top it off with a little cheese;
- Put it in the oven for 45 minutes and enjoy your Italian sausage lasagna with spinach!
Italian Sausage and Zucchini Lasagna Recipe
The particularity of this Italian sausage lasagna recipe is the replacement of traditional lasagna pasta by zucchini. It’s an original option and particularly interesting for people intolerant to gluten! If this is your case, consider adding Roma Bella Vita sausages, our gluten-free and lactose-free option.
- Prepare the sausages as in the previous recipes and cook them for 3 minutes;
- Then add the onion and garlic, then the spinach and tomatoes;
- Pour wine while continuing to stir well with a wooden spoon, and add the tomato sauce, oregano, marjoram, garlic powder, salt, and pepper;
- Let everything cook for another 15 minutes;
- Meanwhile, prepare a mixture of cornstarch with milk, add everything to the sauce and simmer until the sauce becomes thick.
- Spread the sauce on the bottom of a dish;
- Then put a layer of zucchini (thin slice) and repeat the process until you get a lasagna;
- Then put everything in the oven for 35 minutes and let cool 15 minutes before serving.