To get 2021 off to a good start, what could be better than good, healthy meals to enjoy. We recommend this delicious pad thai with crunchy tempeh, chorizo and broccoli and this light recipe with zucchini, salami and smoked salmon on pita bread.
Pad Thai with crunchy tempeh, chorizo and broccoli
Preparation time: 35 minutes Cooking time: 10 minutes Soaking: 15 minutes Number of servings: 4
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. lime juice
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped ginger
- 2 tbsp. sambal oelek
- 3/4 lb (340g) flat rice noodles
- 240g frozen tempeh, thawed and diced
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 cups broccoli, cut into large florets and blanched
- 1 cup of Aliments Roma chorizo cacciatore cut into cubes
- 2 cups of bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup unsalted roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Lime wedges, for serving
- In a container, combine all the ingredients. Set aside.
- In a bowl filled with lukewarm water, add the noodles and let them soak for 15 to 25 minutes or until softened.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, brown the tempeh well until it is crisp.
- In the same container, add the sauce. Boil the water for 1 minute. Using tongs, add the noodles to the sauce and mix well. Stir the noodles continuously until they are al dente. Add the broccoli and chorizo. Mix well to warm them up.
- Add tempeh, bean sprouts, peanuts, green onions and lime wedges to individual containers. Serve the pad thai, then let each person add the toppings.
Pita bread with zucchini, salami and smoked salmon
Preparation time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes Number of servings: 4
- 2 zucchini, cut into julienne or spirals
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest
- 4 pita bread, about 7 inches in diameter
- 250g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 French shallot, thinly sliced
- 115g sliced smoked salmon
- 1 tbsp. chopped dill
- 2 tbsp. capers
- 75g of Aliments Roma sopressata cut into thin slices
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Place the rack in the center of the oven. Adjust the oven temperature to 220°C (425°F). Spread parchment paper on two baking sheets.
- In a bowl, combine the zucchini, half the oil (1 tbsp), garlic and lemon zest. Salt and pepper.
- Using a brush, spread the rest of the oil over the pitas. Distribute between the two plates. Brush the buns with cream cheese, then spread the zucchini mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes, one sheet at a time, or until the pitas are crisp and the zucchini is soft and starting to brown on the sides. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a container of cold water, soak the shallot. Drain.
- Sprinkle the pitas with the smoked salmon, shallot, dill, capers and sopressata. Serve with lemon wedges.