Do you need easy but nutritious recipes that will boost your brain power? Fall is upon us and it’s back to CEGEP and university. If you’re studying from home, you’ll love to eat delicious meals that will give you the energy to learn and perform on exams!
Stop by the grocery store beforehand to get Italian sausages and cold cuts specially prepared by Les Aliments Roma. You can then have fun concocting these 3 easy recipe ideas that will do you good and satisfy your appetite.
Cacciatore sausage sandwich (dry-cured)
A quick sandwich is not always ordinary. Be careful, you’ll want to eat this sandwich every hour of the day! Get the delicious dry and peppered Cacciatore sausage from Aliments Roma, which has been fermented and dried for 3 weeks. An exceptional flavour!
- 1 Aliments ROMA cacciatore sausage
- 1 tablespoon of pesto
- 2 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato
- 1 fresh submarine bread
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Cut the bread lengthwise and brush the inside with a thin layer of pesto.
- Cut the sausage into thin slices and the tomato into thin slices.
- Place the sausage slices, tomato slices and salad leaves in the bread.
- Add the grated cheese and enjoy.
Cold cuts and raw vegetables platter
Eat healthy by preparing a large platter of raw vegetables and dry-cured or cooked cold cuts from Aliments Roma. Add a little cheese to complete it all and, why not, a small glass of wine to spark creativity. This is more than an easy recipe since no cooking is necessary.
- A few baby carrots
- 1 cucumber
- A few cherry tomatoes
- 5 quality green olives
- Your choice of cheese
- Aliments ROMA old-fashioned capicolli
- Calabrese Aliments ROMA
- Your choice of other ROMA cold cuts
- Your choice of crackers
- Slice the cucumber into slices and spread them on the platter with the cherry tomatoes and carrots.
- Cut the cheeses into pieces and place them with the olives on the crackers.
- Slash cold cuts into small pieces and roll them up.
- Slowly devour, sipping your wine.
Lentil and sausage salad
This healthy salad for 2 people is an easy recipe and quick to prepare. You can share it with your roommates, your friends or your boyfriend (girlfriend).
- 4 hot Aliments Roma sausages
- 1 shallot
- 3 tbsp. tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey mustard
- A few pieces of Emmental cheese
- 6 small potatoes
- A few cherry tomatoes
- 150g cooked brown lentils
- Cook the peeled potatoes in water, drain and dice.
- Cook the sausages in the pan (with a little olive oil) and cut them into slices.
- Rinse the lentils.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, olive oil and mustard.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, tomatoes, lentils and sausages.
- Add the shallot cut into small pieces as well as the Emmental.
- Let the salad cool before serving.
Fill your fridge with Roma products
Les Aliments Roma provides high-end Quebec-made products, prepared in the purest Italian tradition. The cold cuts, sausages, pepperoni and other great tasting products are available in several food markets.
Consult our product sheets and click on the desired product to find out which grocery store you can find it. Or ask the Meat / Deli Manager at your grocery store if he can order some for you.
Don’t hesitate to let yourself be tempted by our other easy recipe ideas!