Sausage and peppers
Peppers are just the perfect sweetener to accompany Italian sausages. On a dish or stuffed in a fresh panini, this combo will most definitely hit the spot.
- Serves 4
Prep time 15 min, Cooking time 25 min
- 1 package (450 g) ROMA hot or mild Italian sausage
- 4 – 5 red bell peppers seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped basil leaves
- ½ cup extra virgin olive
- 1 Place the sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, and brown on all sides. Remove from skillet, and slice.
Heat oil in the skillet. Stir in the yellow onion and garlic, and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Mix in red bell pepper. Continue to cook and stir until peppers and onions are tender.
Return sausage slices to skillet with the vegetables. Reduce heat to low, cover until sausage is heated through.
Season with chopped basil.