Tagliatelle with finocchio sausage, peas and ricotta
We are big fans of frozen peas because they're often better than fresh, and they take no time to cook. If you don't want them wrinkly, thaw them right before you need them.
- Serves 6
- Prep time 5-10 min, Cooking time 15 min
- high in calcium
- 450 g fresh or dried tagliatelle pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 pack (450g) Finocchio Roma sausage (casings removed)
- 450 g frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ¾ cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- ¼ cup parmesan and/or romano cheese
- 1 tsp salt.
- 1 Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package.
Drain pasta reserving 1 cup of pasta cooking water.
- 2 Meanwhile, in a large heavy skillet, heat olive oil and garlic over medium-high heat and add sausage. Break up sausage into bite size pieces using a wooden spoon.
When sausage has browned, app 5 minutes, remove and set aside.
- 3 Add the peas to the pan and cook 1-2 mins. Turn off heat.
- 4 Add the ricotta cheese along with the pasta and toss to
coat, adding cooking water ¼ cup a time until needed and pasta is moist.
- 5 Return sausage to pan. Add basil, parmesan cheese and salt.
- 6 Toss gently in the pasta mix and serve immediately.