Spaghetti with Roma Italian sausage, rapini, basil and tomatoes
Add a little sausage to the classic Italian greens, and taste the bittersweet flavor!
- Serves 4
- Prep time 20 min, Cooking time 15 min
- 4 ROMA Italian sausages, cooked and sliced ½” thick
- 2 medium fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbs) tomato paste
- 200 ml white table wine
- 3 branches fresh thyme, plucked
- 1 box spaghetti (454 g), cooked al dente
- 1 bunch rapini
- 8 leaves fresh basil , coarsely chopped
- 45 ml (3 tbs) olive oil
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated, to taste
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 Boil rapini in salted water until tender, drain and set aside.
- 2 Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- 3 Meanwhile, sauté the onions and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until translucent.
- 4 Add tomato paste and deglaze with white wine. Add thyme, simmer to reduce the volume.
- 5 Add tomatoes and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add pasta to tomato sauce, reheat, stirring to coat. Toss with sausage slices and rapini.
- 6 Remove from heat and top with basil and grated Parmesan