Sausage and peppers
Peppers are just the perfect sweetener to accompany Italian sausages. On a dish or stuffed in a fresh panini, this combo will most definitely hit the spot.
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 min, Cooking time 25 min
- Amazingly tasty
- 1 package (450 g) ROMA hot or mild Italian sausage
- 4 – 5 red bell peppers seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped basil leaves
- ½ cup extra virgin olive
- 1 Place the sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, and brown on all sides. Remove from skillet, and slice.
- 2 Heat oil in the skillet. Stir in the yellow onion and garlic, and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Mix in red bell pepper. Continue to cook and stir until peppers and onions are tender.
- 3 Return sausage slices to skillet with the vegetables. Reduce heat to low, cover until sausage is heated through.
- 4 Season with chopped basil.