Pennette salad with Salami/Salametti, green beans and walnuts
If you're a pasta salad fan, you'll love the combination of these colorful ingredients. Cook the pasta al dente, so it's firm enough to hold its own when tossed with toppings.
- Serves: 4
- Prep time 15 min, Cooking time: 20 min
- Easy and fun
- 3/4 lb (375 g) little pennette
- 1 lb (454 g) green beans, cut
- 1/4 lb (115 g) diced Roma Salami Genoa or Roma Salametti
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced aged cheddar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package. Toss the green beans in the boiling water for the remaining 5 minutes of the pasta cooking time.
Drain combo reserving 1 cup of cooking water.
- 2 Cut the salami into bite size pieces and slice the cheddar.
- 3 Finely chop the garlic and onion.
- 4 Add the topping sand walnut to the pasta mix.
Drizzle the olive oil
Season with salt and pepper.