Penne Arrabiata with Sausage
Do you have any Arrabiata in your sauce? Get fired up!
- Serves 6
- Prep time 25 min, Cooking time 25 min
- A classic
- 1 pack (450g) Roma Arrabiata sausage
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 small red chillies, chopped (see note)
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 800g can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup vegetable liquid stock
- 1/2 cup small basil leaves
- 400g Penne Rigate
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, garlic chillies and tomato puree until the onions start to soften Add in Roma Arrabbiata sausage, and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.Add tomatoes, stock and 1/4 cup basil leaves. Bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2 Meanwhile, cook pasta following packet directions. Drain pasta and return to pan.
- 3 Stir sugar into tomato sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon sauce over pasta. Toss to combine. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes (this allows pasta to absorb sauce).
- 4 Sprinkle with remaining basil. Spoon into serving bowls and serve.