Mortadella, mozzarella and potato omelet
The Omelet is just one way to use some of the ingredients you already have on hand, even leftovers! In this eggy delight, we took the popular Italian classics, mortadella and mozarella, and combined them with tender potatoes for a meal just as stunning as it is satisfying.
- Serves 6
- Prep time 5 min, Cooking time 15 min
- Protein packed, fast and easy
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1 cup Roma mortadella, diced
- ½ cup fine diced potatoes
- ½ cup fine chopped onions
- 4 tsp butter
- 1 Add the butter to the pan, heat to medium and gently fry the onions and potatoes until soft, about 5 minutes. Remove all to a plate. Deglaze the pan with a splash of vinegar and reduce until it’s almost gone.
- 2 Beat the eggs with a little salt and mix in the mozzarella, mortadella and veggies.
- 3 Add butter in the omelette pan until it is hazelnut color and pour in the egg mixture. Once the omelette starts to clot, shake the pan lightly in order to detach it from the bottom. Turn the omelette upside down onto a plate, then put the remaining butter in the pan, put the omelette back into the pan and cook the other side. The omelette must be golden on the outside, soft inside.