Fennel & Sopressata salad
How do you prefer to open up your appetite... An antipasto platter, some fresh veggies in a salad, or how about both tossed into one?
- Serves 4-6
- Prep time 15 min, Cooking time NONE
- High in fibers, low in Calories, most definitely fresh
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bunch with leaves
- 3 oz Roma Sopressata or Roma Calabrese (spicier) , in a chunk or sliced
- A handfull of fresh parsley leaves, torn into small pieces
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tbs freshly squeezed lime juice
- A pinch of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- A light drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Soak the slices of onions in cold water for 10 minutes, then drain, pat dry, and put them in a serving bowl.
- 2 Peel the tough, stringy fibers from the fennel and slice it thinly on an angle.
- 3 Dice or slice the chunk of Sopressata or Calabrese
- 4 Toss the fennel, Sopressata/Calabrese, parsley, lemon zest, and lime juice with the onion. Season with salt, pepper and olive oil.