At this time, we come together to celebrate the New Year. Why not take the opportunity to enjoy a delicious holiday meal? As a starter, we will opt for a foie gras and bacon pancake. As the main meal, we will prepare a sausage and apple stuffing. Let’s read our delicious New Year’s Menu!
Foie gras and bacon pancakes
Preparation time: 75 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes
For the pancake batter
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- A pinch of salt
For the garnish
- 4 slices of Aliments Roma bacon
- 200 g of foie gras
- Maple and sweet wine sauce to taste
- In a large bowl, stir in the flour and salt with the milk. Continue beating until the lumps are removed.
- Beat the eggs and add them with half the clarified butter. Let stand for 1 hour.
- Brush a pan with the other half of the clarified butter and use it to cook the pancakes.
- Finely mince the bacon slices and the foie gras. Place the slices of foie gras and bacon on the pancakes and roll them up. Then pour the maple sauce.
Sausage and apple stuffing
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 225 g of Aliments Roma skinless Italian sausages (about 3 sausages)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Gala apples, diced, peeled and pitted (about 2 cups or 500 mL)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- 2 ½ cups of water
- 1 pot of chicken broth
- 6 cups multigrain baguette bread (14 inches) or toasted white baguette bread in 2.5 cm (1 inch) cubes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (400 F)
- Cook the Aliments Roma sausages over medium heat in a non-stick pan. Stir occasionally for about 6 minutes or until cooked through. Remove the meat from the stove and let stand.
- In the same pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat and cook the carrots, celery, onion and apples. Stir for about 5 minutes or until the vegetables or apples are sufficiently browned. Pour in chicken broth and water, stirring well to dissolve. Transfer to a 33 x 23 cm baking dish. Bake with the lid on for 15 minutes. Remove the lid and bake for another 15 minutes.
With these 2 delicious meals, you and your family will be in for a treat right before handing out the gifts. Don’t hesitate to comment and give your opinion on this recipe if you liked it. Let’s enjoy our delicious New Year’s Menu!