This is a great joy for Roma Italian sausage lovers, as they are definitely back! Although these treats can be enjoyed perfectly alone, the Roma Foods team wants you to discover these 5 Italian sausage recipes to amaze your taste buds and those of your guests!
1. Slow cooker with Italian sausage
If you have time and would like to prepare a special dish, opt for Roma Italian sausage. With this Italian sausage recipe, you can prepare a dinner for 4 people.
- To begin: first brown 1 ½ pounds of Roma sausages in a pan before placing them in the slow cooker.
- Then, pass the vegetables (onions, celery and bay leaf) in the pan.
- After a few minutes, add salt, sugar, flour and chili.
- Pour tomato sauce and diced tomatoes and wait until a thick mixture is obtained.
- Place everything in the slow cooker and cook about 5 hours.
2. Roma Sausages with ratatouille
Another great way to savour Italian sausages, the traditional ratatouille recipe!
- In a dish, bake for 40 minutes:
- A red pepper, a yellow pepper, 2 onions, 2 cloves of garlic, 60 ml of oil, salt and pepper.
- During the cooking time, fry the sausages in oil and after put the meat aside, do the same with 2 zucchini before adding tomatoes.
- Then put the sausages and zucchini in the dish of peppers and sprinkle with cheese to finally put the dish in the oven for 15 minutes.
3. Homemade pizza with Italian sausage and prosciutto
Pizzas are ideal for all occasions. So how about tasting them with Italian sausages for once? And it’s an easy dish to prepare! Simply :
- Cook the Roma Italian sausages, leek and onions in a pan on the stove.
- Then spread some olive oil, oregano and parsley over the precooked pizza dough.
- Pour pizza sauce before adding sausage topping.
- To finish, add the prosciutto and the cheese and put it all in the oven until everything is golden brown.
4. Italian sausage penne
Penne are perfect accompaniments for a recipe with Roma Italian sausages. For this recipe, you need:
- Prepare a good sauce with onion and garlic that you will cook in a saucepan.
- Then add the sausages and some wine. A few minutes later you can add the peeled and cut tomatoes.
- Leave on a low heat for 15 minutes and once it’s ready, add the finishing touches with the oregano and basil and enjoy without moderation!
5. Rice with spicy sausage
If you need an express but delicious dish, try the rice and Roma spicy sausage mix.
- At first, take care of the onions that you will brown in a saucepan with oil.
- Then add the red peppers and garlic. Then cook the sausages while adding some paprika.
- All you have to do is mix with the rice, a little white wine and chicken broth and cook for 15 minutes.
Enjoy the return of autumn to make yourself feel good with these Italian sausage recipes! And since barbecues do not have a season, find valuable tips on our blog to become a barbecue expert and prepare delicious grilled Italian sausages!