Do you want to enjoy comfort food until spring returns? Those sunny days are at our doorstep, and this is the perfect time to offer your taste buds something new! The recipes that we offer you will spice up your days. Here are 2 delicious meal ideas that you can whip up quickly.
First, stock up on Roma products
Stop by the grocery store to pick up the Italian sausages and cold cuts offered by Aliments Roma, as well as the ingredients and side dishes described in each recipe. Then, you can quickly prepare these 2 comfort food dishes as you wish.
Spicy club sandwich
Spice up the taste of the usual club sandwich by replacing the chicken with Genoa salami and the bacon with spicy pepperoni with a fresh or dry (old-fashioned) texture, slowly cooked for 48 hours. A new taste to share with your friends this summer!
- 1 spicy Caserta pepperoni sausage, from Roma
- 1 Salametti Dry Sausage, from Roma
- 2 leaves of Romaine lettuce
- 1 tomato
- 3 slices of white bread
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices of Swiss cheese
- Cut the tomato, salami, and pepperoni into thin slices.
- Toast the slices of bread in a toaster.
- Spread some mayonnaise on the first slice, then place a leaf of lettuce, a few slices of tomato, and the slices of salami.
- Cover with a second slice of bread, spread with mayonnaise, then add the slices of pepperoni and another leaf of lettuce.
- Place the last slice of bread, cut the sandwich diagonally into quarters, then stick a toothpick into each triangle.
- Serve with fries, dill peppers, and coleslaw.
Fettuccine with Merguez sausages
This nutritional comfort food pasta dish with spicy Merguez sausages (seasoned with harissa) is excellent topped with strong cheese. To be served with a full-bodied wine.
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 4 spicy Roma Merguez sausages
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- fettuccine for 2 people
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 3 Tbsp. grated strong cheese (such as camembert)
- Heat the olive oil over high heat in a large frying pan.
- Sauté the garlic and onion for 4 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the sausage meat (removed from the casings) and cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and add the pasta. Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium heat. Let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring until the pasta is al dente and there is almost no broth left (add broth if necessary if the pasta is not cooked enough).
- Stir in the spinach and cover until soft.
- Add the cheese and serve.
Discover all Roma products
Do you like fresh, tasty foods made in Quebec in the purest Italian tradition? Learn how to prepare a charcuterie board. Roma cold cuts, sausages, and pepperoni can be found in most food markets. Consult our product sheets and click on the desired product to find out which grocery store you can find it in near you. Or ask the manager of the meat/deli section at your neighbourhood grocery store if they could order some for you. You can also let yourself be tempted by our other comfort food recipes!
I love this article