Are you looking for summer recipes to accompany your good times on the patio or while camping? Summer is not over and the heat will continue until the end of September. So why not enjoy it? Here are easy and delicious recipes to treat yourself with a good beer or a meaty wine. While going to the grocery store before preparing your meal, get some Aliments Roma Italian sausages and cold cuts, which can be incorporated into a thousand and one sumptuous summer recipes. Here are 2 easy and quick summer recipes to prepare, which will satisfy the biggest appetites.
Fusilli with spicy Italian sausages
Ultra-simple to prepare, this summer recipe will surprise the most jaded palates. INGREDIENTS
- 460 g of fusilli
- 1/2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 red peppers diced
- 2 Aliments Roma spicy Italian sausages cut into slices
- 1 can diced tomatoes (spicy Italian, if possible)
- 1 pinch of crumbled hot pepper
- In a pot of boiling water, immerse the pasta and let it boil until it is al dente (not overcooked). Drain.
- In an oiled pan, mix the garlic and onion and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the red peppers and the sausage slices. When these are well cooked, add the diced tomatoes and the pinch of crumbled hot pepper. Salt and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the pasta, mixing it with the rest, and simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Serve and make people happy!
To concoct this original poutine, use 4-inch diameter pepperoni, which you will cut into small pieces. Created in Quebec in 1988, pepperoni 88 tastes tangy, peppery and slightly spicy. INGREDIENTS
- 1 pack of Aliments Roma pepperoni 88
- 1 large onion
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. rosemary
- 1 tbsp. chives
- 1 large bag of cheese curds
- 1 clove of garlic
- 10 large yellow-fleshed potatoes
- 1 or 2 cans of poutine sauce
- Cut the onion and garlic into small pieces and sauté them with the pepperoni pieces in a pan for 5 minutes. Keep warm.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them to make French fries. Fry them in oil for 1 minute. Season these with the rosemary, chives and salt.
- Add the pepperoni pieces to the fries, then the cheese curds.
- In a skillet, bring the poutine sauce to a boil and cover the fries, sausage pieces and cheese with it.
- Treat yourself!
Stock up on Aliments Roma sausages, pepperoni, and cold cuts
Aliments Roma products are prepared in Quebec, the purest Italian tradition. They are available in several grocery stores. Visit our product sheets and click on the desired product to find which grocery store to find it. You can also ask the meats/cold cuts manager at your favourite grocery store if they can order some for you.