Spaghetti with Roma Italian sausage, rapini, basil and tomatoes
Add a little sausage to the classic Italian greens, and taste the bittersweet flavor!
- Serves 4
Prep time 20 min, Cooking time 15 min
- 4 ROMA Italian sausages, cooked and sliced ½” thick
- 2 medium fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbs) tomato paste
- 200 ml white table wine
- 3 branches fresh thyme, plucked
- 1 box spaghetti (454 g), cooked al dente
- 1 bunch rapini
- 8 leaves fresh basil , coarsely chopped
- 45 ml (3 tbs) olive oil
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated, to taste
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 Boil rapini in salted water until tender, drain and set aside.
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, sauté the onions and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until translucent.
Add tomato paste and deglaze with white wine. Add thyme, simmer to reduce the volume.
Add tomatoes and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add pasta to tomato sauce, reheat, stirring to coat. Toss with sausage slices and rapini.
Remove from heat and top with basil and grated Parmesan