Pennette salad with Salami/Salametti, green beans and walnuts
If you're a pasta salad fan, you'll love the combination of these colorful ingredients. Cook the pasta al dente, so it's firm enough to hold its own when tossed with toppings.
- Serves: 4
Prep time 15 min, Cooking time: 20 min
Easy and fun
- 3/4 lb (375 g) little pennette
- 1 lb (454 g) green beans, cut
- 1/4 lb (115 g) diced Roma Salami Genoa or Roma Salametti
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced aged cheddar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package. Toss the green beans in the boiling water for the remaining 5 minutes of the pasta cooking time.
Drain combo reserving 1 cup of cooking water.
Cut the salami into bite size pieces and slice the cheddar.
Finely chop the garlic and onion.
Add the topping sand walnut to the pasta mix.
Drizzle the olive oil
Season with salt and pepper.