Penne Arrabiata with Sausage
Do you have any Arrabiata in your sauce? Get fired up!
- Serves 6
Prep time 25 min, Cooking time 25 min
- 1 pack (450g) Roma Arrabiata sausage
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 small red chillies, chopped (see note)
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 800g can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup vegetable liquid stock
- 1/2 cup small basil leaves
- 400g Penne Rigate
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, garlic chillies and tomato puree until the onions start to soften Add in Roma Arrabbiata sausage, and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.Add tomatoes, stock and 1/4 cup basil leaves. Bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook pasta following packet directions. Drain pasta and return to pan.
Stir sugar into tomato sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon sauce over pasta. Toss to combine. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes (this allows pasta to absorb sauce).
Sprinkle with remaining basil. Spoon into serving bowls and serve.